ISACA HARARE Chapter is an affiliation of ISACA International. ISACA Harare Chapter was officially formed on the 5th of February, 2017 as the 236th Chapter after the approval by ISACA International Board Chair. The first ISACA Harare Chapter meeting was held in March 2017. The constitution for ISACA Harare Chapter was established in the same year with the approval of the ISACA International as an appropriate working document.
The primary purpose of the Chapter is to promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their capabilities relating to the auditing of, management consulting in, or direct management of the fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance.
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance;
- To encourage an open exchange of IT governance, IS audit, security, control, and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance that can be of benefit to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IT governance and the effective organization and utilization of IT resources; and
- To promote the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance.
The Chapter has a membership of over 200 members who are spread throughout Zimbabwe. Our activities are to promote the profession in Zimbabwe with the following
- Chapter launch with participation from recognized ISACA members.
- Conferences/Seminars (CPEs).
- Career guidance with mentorship programs.
- Lobbying organization to register employees to be members.
- Online presence with social media participations.
ISACA Harare Chapter are members who have the following certifications or aspiring to have the following